When you’re under debt review, making manual repayments every month can slide through the cracks easily. This is why the Debicheck option is a great way to make sure your repayments are always on time and up to date.
If you’re not sure how to use Debicheck as a South African citizen, the process is quick and easy to navigate. There aren’t many steps involved, and you can easily set up your debit order to suit your payment plan.
With Debtline we look at Debicheck options for South Africans and provide a step-by-step guide on how to use it at your specific bank.
Standard Bank Debicheck Guide
- Log in to your mobile banking app.
- The message will display the information of the debit order waiting for approval.
- Click View Request.
- Select the option to Accept the mandate.
- You will receive a One Time Pin (OTP).
- Enter the PIN provided.
- The process is now complete, and the monthly payments can now commence.
Standard Bank users can approve the Debicheck mandate at the nearest Standard Bank ATM.
- At the ATM, look for the Debicheck icon.
- Then enter your card, enter your PIN and ‘Proceed’.
- Press ‘More Services’ and look for the ‘Debicheck Confirm Mandate’ option.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Select the Mandate to Approve (DC Partners/Debtline).
- Accept the details and agree to the instructions.
- Standard Bank’s Authorisation Message will display on the screen. Proceed to ‘Accept Mandate’.
- The request will be processed, and you will get the option to receive a slip of the transaction.
FNB Debicheck Guide
- Launch the app by logging in using your banking password.
- View ‘Accounts’ and choose ‘Account Information’.
- There will be a ‘Debicheck Mandate Option available.
- Select the correct mandate (DC Partners/Debtline), click ‘Yes, Continue’ on the debit order.
- To approve the order, press ‘Accept Debit Order Request’.
- It will be automatically processed, and the confirmation will be shown on the screen along with a mandate reference.
Absa Debicheck Guide
- Launch the app and enter your password.
- Access pending mandates via your profile picture on the homepage or the Debicheck Debit Orders option under the menu on the homepage.
- Select the authorisation card on the next screen to see pending orders.
- Select the mandate and approve it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- A SureCheck will be provided for you to accept.
- The mandate is now complete.
Capitec Debicheck Guide
- Capitec will send an SMS about a mandate pending approval.
- log in to your mobile banking app.
- Enter your remote pin.
- A message will pop up about a pending Debicheck mandate – Accept it.
- Select the correct mandate from the displayed list.
- Confirm the details and approve the mandate.
Nedbank Debicheck Guide
- Login to your Nedbank Money App.
- GO to the Debit Orders tab.
- Select the Mandates Tab.
- View all Mandates.
- Authorize the correct Mandate.
Important: After any of the Debicheck processes have been completed, inform Debicheck so the team can double-check that the process has been initiated correctly.
You can not cancel or reverse Debicheck payments like you normally do with manual debit orders. This enables you to stick to payments and ensure they get paid, leading you towards financial freedom – one payment at a time.
Stick with Payments During Debt Review
Missing a payment during the debt review process may not seem like a big deal, but ultimately, it’s a step back from reaching the financial freedom you’re fighting for. On top of that, your creditors will have legal grounds to terminate your Debt Review and launch legal action against you.
While your payments are in arrears, no further work can be done on your Debt Review application until your payments are up to date.
Who is Debtline?
Debtline is a debt management company with an NCR-registered team of debt counsellors available to assist South Africans. We can help with debt repayment negotiations, provide expert advice, and provide protection throughout the Debt Review process.
Fill in the contact form on the website to receive a free callback from the Debtline team today.